The PhD in Chemical Engineering offers a well-balanced mixture of theoretical and experimental research. All candidates should demonstrate creative thinking and self-motivation. NJIT chemical engineering doctoral candidates address difficult problems and are committed to achieving new and exceptional research results.
Teaching assistantships (TAs) and Research Assistantships (RAs) are available on a competitive basis. In addition to tuition remission, assistantships include stipends for PhD students.
For further information:
- Admissions Guidelines
- PhD Degree Requirements
- Selection of Dissertation Advisor
- Qualifying Examination
- Research Proposal
- Dissertation Defense
- Doctoral Dissertation Advisor Selection Form
- Doctoral Dissertation Committee
- PhD Dissertation Committee Appointment Report
- PhD Proposal Defense Report
- PhD Dissertation Defense Report
- PhD Examination Report