Faculty members of the Otto H. York Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering are conducting research on some of the most pressing problems today as defined by the National Academy of Engineering’s14 Grand Challenges. Research areas include:
- Bioengineering and Biomaterials
- Catalysis and Reactions
- Computing and Simulation
- Energetic Materials and Combustion
- Environmental systems
- Membrane Science and Technology
- Particle Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Engineering
Faculty research is supported by government agencies, industry, and private foundations. For example, faculty currently have funding from the National Science Foundation, the US Department of Energy, the US Department of Defense, the FDA, NASA, and industry.
Our faculty serve as center directors and are associated with a number of research centers including:
- Membrane Science, Engineering and Technology Center, NSF I/UCRC
- New Jersey Center for Engineered Particulates
- York Center for Environmental Engineering and Science
Faculty and students have access to state-of-the-art instrumentation available in research laboratories and shared equipment facilities.