Academic Interests: micro and nano-fluidics
Dr. Ezinwa Elele completed his B.Eng in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Nigeria and then worked as a Field Engineer in the oil and gas industry in Nigeria. He then received the Provost fellowship for graduate studies at NJIT. He earned MS in Mechanical Engineering and PhD in Chemical Engineering. As a Postdoctoral Research Associate (2011-2014) and Senior Research Associate (2015-2017) at NJIT, Dr. Elele worked on a wide range of multidisciplinary projects supported by NASA, ONR, NSF and industry. His research focused on micro-and nano-fluidics, smart fluids, and electro-hydrodynamics of complex fluids and colloids with applications in membrane separation processes, pharmaceuticals, sensors for flow processes, heat transfer and biotechnology.
- PhD, Chemical Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology, 2011
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology, 2006
- B. Eng, Mechanical Engineering, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, 1999
Awards and Honors
- Provost Fellowship, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), 2004
- First Place Prize at 2009 NJIT Annual Dana Knox Student Research Showcase Presentation.
- NASA New York City Research Initiative Achievement Mentor Award (NYCRI), August 2006 and August 2007
- NSF/ERC Research Experience for Undergraduate (REU) and Teachers, Mentor Award, NJIT, Summer 2007, 2012
- Undergraduate Mentor Award, McNair Post Baccalaureate Achievement Program, NJIT, Summer 2008
- Winner at 2009 Peer Evaluated Professional Presentation, ChE 794, NJIT
- Na Yao, John Chau, Ezinwa Elele, Boris Khusid, Kamalesh K. Sirkar a, Derek J. Dehn, (2017). “Characterization of microporous ECTFE membrane after exposure to different liquid media and radiation” Journal of Membrane Science, Volume 532, 15 June 2017, Pages 89–104.
- Ezinwa Elele, Yueyang Shen, Donald R. Pettit, Boris Khusid, (2015). “Detection of a dynamic cone-shaped meniscus on the surface of fluids in electric fields,” Physical Review Letters, 114 (5), 054501.
- Ezinwa Elele, Yueyang Shen, Ramana Sursala, Boris Khusid, Golshid Keyvan, Bozena Michniak-Kohn, (2012). “Electrodeless electro-hydrodynamic drop-on-demand encapsulation of drugs into porous polymer films for fabrication of personalized dosage units,” Journal of Phameceutical Sciences, 101(7) 2523-2533.
- Yueyang Shen, Ezinwa Elele, and Boris Khusid, (2011). “A novel concept of dielectrophoretic engine oil filter,” Electrophoresis, 32, 1–10.
- Ezinwa Elele, Yueyang Shen, and Boris Khusid, (2010). “Electrodeless electro-hydrodynamic printing of personalized medicines,” Applied Physics Letters, 97 (23), 233501-233503.
- Boris Khusid, Ezinwa Elele, Yueyang Shen, Prashanth Palle, Osman Basaran, Robert T. Collins, Patrick T. McGough, (2010). “Drop-on-demand printing of personalized medicines,” Proceedings of the 16th U.S. National Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, USNCTAM2010-1089-1-2, State College, Pennsylvania
- A. Kumar, E. Elele, M. Yeksel, B. Khusid, Zhiyong Qiu, and Andreas Acrivos, (2006). “Measurements of the fluid and particle mobilities in strong electric fields,” Physics of Fluids, 18 (12), 123301-10.